Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just two pairs of crocs...



I almost let the symbolism pass me by as I walked past them last night on my way down the stairs.  Two pairs of crocs, dusty and well-used.  One belonging to me and the other belonging to my husband.  We use them while we're working on the bedroom that we're praying will one day hold our child.  As I gave it more thought, the meaning of it struck me.  How much harder would it be to work and prepare a room all by myself?  Then I broadened the metaphor.  How much harder would life be if I had to go through it alone?  Thankfully, God did not intend us to walk through life alone.  We need a community of friends and family to support us through the ups and downs of life.  Even when I am physically alone, God promises that He is with me.  Hebrews 13:5 reminds me of this declaration.  Somehow, it is easier to go through a difficulty if we know we are not going through it alone.  That has held true in my life.  In the process of waiting for a child and preparing our house, there have been so many who have come alongside David and I to help and encourage.  It has made the process bearable (even exciting) at times! 

David and I have now officially started the adoption process with an agency.  We realized that if we waited for a perfect time, it would never come.  God has given us peace.  A peace I don't think would be there if we were alone.  

While they may look like just worn pairs of shoes, I will see them and always be grateful that there are two.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on starting the adoption process! Thanks for the reminder that I am not alone as well. Sometimes it's easy to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is easy to forget, I agree. Is there anything that's helpful to you to get you to remember that you're not alone?

    ReplyDelete